Systems Security Engineer with strong experience in the design, implementation, and administration of software and hardware security solutions in enterprise environements. Develops and implements methods to test for, identify, and resolve information security weaknesses in network architectures through the use of security analysis and solution recommendations. Communicates with internal and external customers to recommend and reengineer network security infrastructure and software to achieve highly secure technology platforms.
- Designed a Symantec support tool to streamline bulk virus submissions from vendors to Symantec, providing an easy way for Symantec vendors to track and submit large numbers of virus submissions to SARA.
- Automated the installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection to thousands of servers, circumventing reboots by utilizing reverse engineering techniques, provided automated homing of devices to their appropriate management groups.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: MS-DOS, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 Server, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Workstation, Redhat Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Solaris, Amazon Web Services w/custom Linux Kernels.
APPLICATIONS & SERVICES: SAV, SMSMSE, SEP, SSIM 4.5\4.6, VCM, SCSP, NetBackup, BackupExec, LiveState Discovery, LiveState Delivery, Visual Source Safe, IIS Web Server, Apache Web Server, DNS, DHCP, SQL Server, WINS, MySQL, Microsoft SNA Server, Oracle 8i/9i/10i, MS Exchange Server, Sendmail, Lotus Notes R5, Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010, Wise for Windows, Perforce, Visual Studio 6.0+, Primal Script, VBS Edit
FIREEYE, Milipitas, California May 2013 – Present
Senior Systems Engineer (May 2013 – Present)
SYMANTEC, Cupertino, California November 2007 – May 2013
Principal Systems Engineer Specialist (July 2011 – May 2013)
- Advise internal and external business stakeholders in the implementation, use, and support of Symantec core enterprise security products.
- Coordinate with sales and systems engineering teams to provide business cases, proofs-of-concept, implementation, configuration and ongoing system support.
- Evaluate competitor products and report methods of responding to the marketplace with improved business software products.
- Perform high-level technical support on all implemented software architectures; delivered feedback, guidance, product road maps, and bug reports.
Principal Solutions Architect (November 2007 – June 2011)
- Installed, administered, and managed the support of Symantec enterprise products used in the support of Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) project for the US Government.
- Developed customized applications and scripts to improve business processes and automate manual system administration tasks, including reporting, software patching, and enterprise software configuration.
- Lead technical player in major projects to develop and deploy global SIEM applications spanning the continental US, Hawaii, and Japan.
- Analyzed existing software and hardware infrastructures and made recommendations to improve the performance of global business systems.
BANK OF AMERICA, Norfolk Virginia 2002 – 2007
Systems Engineer/Technical Manager
- Designed, implemented, documented, and supported a hardened Windows 2000\XP Professional desktop platform on 6,600 desktops spanning ten geographic regions and three separate call center environments.
- Reengineered global desktop platforms to include more than 30,000 desktops nationwide; increased overall efficiency and productivity for Call Center Associates and lowered total cost of ownership by reducing support service calls requiring manual, on-site interaction.
- Designed and implemented migration strategies and custom software for MBNA and Fleet Boston acquisitions.
BANK OF AMERICA
CLevel Award – Recognized as technical SME/MVP for MBNA and Fleet Boston mergers.
Team Celas Awards (2) – Received for completing displaying superior work performance.
Individual Celas Awards (2) – Received for exemplifying unsurpassed performance.
Spirit Recognition Awards (27) – Peer driven award for displaying positive business traits.
24 Professional Awards – Received for superior on-the-job performance.
Most Valuable Employee/Player – Received for outstanding work on the NMCI contract.
ENGLISH – Fluent
CZEKH – Fluent
SLOVAK – Fluent
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Anticipated Completion: 2013
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND – UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Computer Science, 1998-2004
TIDEWATER COMMUNITY COLLEGE